Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday January 20, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
crxd16si
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 204536
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Silver

Default Install 02 JDM STI headlights

So I just got my HID projectors today and I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram or know how to install them... I have all the stock wires and ballasts
crxd16si is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
crxd16si
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Silver

anyone? I want to do this at work tonight
Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
SpankySuby
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122305
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx half breed
Aspen White

So im at work and cant post the diagram but what i did was tapped into the parking lights to a relay for the driving lights then ran (if its a shield style highbeam) the power wire to the LW(blue white i think) on the right side light then ran the ground to the red wire. for the left side it is RL(red blue) for power and again red for ground for the highbeams. i cant remember the style of your headlights but iirc the high and low are seperate so you can just wire the high just like i stated for the shield style highbeam.

now if you dont want to use a relay(i would use one) i dont know exactly what to do but i got a good idea use the LW and the RL for power on the high and low then wire the high ground to the red wire then the low to the YR wire but you will have to disable your day time running lights or the hid's will flip out mine did this(but i never disabled my dtrl's i just went straight to the relays so i dont know if this will work)

Hope this helps...and if all else fails do what i did and get a dvom(voltage meter) this is what i did( i didnt have a wiring diagram) and figure out what gets power when and wire accordingly.

again im not too sure on the wiring i have to go look at my car so take this at face value only for now.

Wait never mind our company is going through changes so sometimes i can get to photobucket so any way here is the diagram i havent looked at it closely so my wiring directions might be off.

Last edited by SpankySuby; 06-16-2010 at 07:22 PM.
SpankySuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
crxd16si
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Silver

Thanks! I installed them and they look great... but one low beam is barely brighter... I was wondering what bulb type is the low beam HID?