Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday April 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
nopis10
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 207714
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
'00 Impreza V5 wgn

Default IL - 1989 Honda CB-1

89 CB-1 with 9000 miles

I've owned this bike for the summer and am moving so I have get rid of it. It would be great for a beginner because it isn't too quick but at the same time isn't boring. It's a 400cc 4 cylinder with gear driven cams and it makes about 50hp. This bike also handles very well and is very fun. It's geared really low so it's fast off the line and definitely will move out of it's own way.

This bike does have a few dents and dings. The tank has a few dents as well as a little paint missing and the rear plastics are cracked and missing a piece of plastic above the tailight. Nothing functionally wrong, just visually. There are also some pink accents that were added to the bike by a previous owner but aren't too noticeable.

The bike has had a lot of maintenance work done to it by the previous owner before I bought it including:
Replaced crappy Honda voltage regulator with one from an '05 suzuki.
Replaced the battery
Rebuilt the carburetors
Rebuilt the forks with new seals and 15W oil
Replaced the tires with Bridgestone BT-016.
Repacked the Kerker exhaust

After I bought the bike I had the carbs(all 4) cleaned by Bomshell Customs in Bloomington IL. This cleared up a misfire that was happening in the upper rpms and the bike runs super smooth now.

I'm asking 2000 obo
Any test-riders must have cash in hand.

The pictures below are from the P.O. and are only a few months old.

nopis10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links