[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Ok, the moment you've all been waiting for. Before reviewing the dynos I would like to review my testing methodology so that everyone is on the same page with respect to the gains achieved.
At Forged Performance, we take delta testing very seriously. I personally handle all aspects of the process to ensure a true and accurate comparison. Results can easily, yet often, become unintentionally skewed in either direction. But our objective is to give you all a true no-BS assessment of any part that we test.
That said, here is our testing methodology.
1) E85 Fuel and Stock Engine (Baseline was 196whp on our dyno)
2) Boost pressure reduced to 23psi
to insure a very stable AF ratio while not overwhelming our single fuel pump.
3) Same day test 6 hours apart and vehicle was not unstrapped or moved from the dyno. We had to do quite a bit of modification to make this prototype fit, but of course production versions will be bolt on like all AMS products.
4) Ambient temp was within 3 degrees F variation in our shop, through the dyno testing process.
5) Ramp rate (load on the rollers) was reduced to 140 in order to reduce the effects of heat soak, which can mislead the results.
4) Dyno Fan running for all runs.
5) 2 second "dwell" or hold time before releasing the dyno. For reference, the dwell time can alter the boost ramp up as it pre-heats the turbo.
6) The lowest and highest dyno numbers are rejected for both plenums as well as any unusually high or low numbers.
7) AF and boost was equalized within .2 psi and .2 AF ratio points for a true apples to apples comparison of the gains. Boost curve is posted for reference so there is no dispute on boost levels run.
That said, the results were outstanding at such low boost pressure. We achieved a peak of 20whp and 28lb/ft trq. More impressively, there was virtually no loss of power or trq anywhere on the curve, and many areas showed gains of 30whp and 40lb/ft! So in addition to a notable peak power improvement, we saw a tremendous improvement in area under the curve throughout the power band.
So far, we are very pleased with the AMS Protoype STi plenum. We feel the gains will be even more impressive as we raise the boost further after our FP S2 stroker race engine goes in. We will be working with AMS closely on some additional changes and modifications to make this plenum the best out there.
And the best part......we have a video coming soon!