Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday February 22, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
Rater8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 456240
Default 2016 Impreza Sport Speaker Replacement

Ok, this is going to be tough for me because I am just starting to get into working with cars as a hobbie and so I don't know much. I wrecked my 2004 Lexus ES330 and bought a Subaru Impreza Sport. I love the car, but the speakers are not up to par. The sport edition Lexus came with a killer, 7 speaker Mark Levinson Speaker system. Here is a link to the amp and the subwoofer to show you what I'm working with. I really don't know if giving you the info about the amp and sub helps, but my question is if I take the speakers and amp out of the Lexus and install them into the Subaru. Sorry if this is a super naive question, but dang I loved the sound in that Lexus and these speakers in the Subaru are so meh.....

Thanks a lot, guys!
AMP- https://goo.gl/R1bhhV
Sub- https://goo.gl/X4sQIr
Rater8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2016, 06:02 PM   #2
mstrfigs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 452174
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium M/T
White

The acoustics of a lexus and subaru are completely different. You won't get the same sound quality from using the lexus setup in the subaru.

Aside from that, you're going to have one hell of a time wiring up that amp to the impreza. Plus the price of the mark Levinson is absurd.

Is it possible to have the same setup in the Impreza? Sure, anything is possible. Depends on how much you want to spend, time and effort.
mstrfigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
Rater8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 456240

That's a good point about the AMP. I dont know, I'm kind of thinking about just taking the speakers and amp out of the Lexus and them.
Rater8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
petteriusa
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 456352

It's possible, although extremely unlikely that your old speakers will fit correctly in the Subaru. Use a site like crutchfield to see what your options are that fit correctly. There's an endless array of choices and preferences out there.

I'm sure those with real experience and expertise will chime in with more specific recommendations and advise.

Have fun and good luck!
petteriusa is offline   Reply With Quote