Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 1, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
AceKingNYC
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 406087
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 VF48 Wrx Wagon
WRB

Default BE/BH Legacy power folding mirrors and SAA Signal Covers on WRX

Hey All,

So I just finally got around to having BE/BH Legacy power folding mirrors with SAA turn signal covers installed onto my 2006 Wrx Wagon. Overall, the process for getting it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it definitely was a tad bit involved. I wound up going to a shop locally that had experience wiring power folding mirrors on a wrx, but a friend of mine and myself did some prep work to make it easier.

What I needed:
BE/BH Legacy Mirrors
SAA Turn signal covers (optional)
Either your stock mirrors or another set (I bought a second set from a part out)
JDM mirror positioning switch with power folding button
Dremel

First thing I noticed when I received the mirrors were that they were also heated, so the harness was completely different than mine.

Also, the bases for the BE/BH are completely different that for GDs, so you can either use your stock mirror bases or get another set to modify (i chose to get another set). You will have to dremel out the GD base a bit to accomodate the mirror head and it fitting right. There are a bunch of how-to's on this when looking up how to install power folding mirrors on wrx/sti.

Furthermore, the wiring harness on the mirror was different since the legacy mirrors were power folding and heated so we de-pinned the mirror harness and used the harness from the set of mirrors I was using to swap bases. We identified the three wires needed for mirror adjustment, then there's 2 purple wires for heating, and then 2 other wires that activate the power folding (black/grey & yellow/brown). All you need to do is run 2 wires from the switch to the power folding wires on the driver side, and then tap that connection and run 2 wires through the interior to the passenger side mirrors. This way the switch will trigger both mirrors to fold/unfold.

If you have mirror covers, GDs run the signal light wires on each side of the car - so take off the scuff plates and identify the wires and tap into them and you're all set.

Additionally, I also had convex mirror glasses. That & the trim work we did on the GD base to make the legacy mirror fit corrected the fact that these mirrors were meant to be used in RHD cars, so I do not have any issue with visibility using the mirrors on either side which is often an issue for folks who install power folding mirrors and do not trim the bases.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I messaged a bunch of people on here who had done power folding mirrors and SAA covers to piece together the info I needed to ensure this would work and the angles of the mirrors would be correct.
AceKingNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links