|07-24-2002, 07:49 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
MAF replacement and resetting ECU
A new MAF sensor was installed in my '99 2.5RS four days ago. Since then, I've noticed that the car doesn't seem to accelerate as smoothly as it did before. As far as I know, the ECU was not reset after the MAF was replaced.
Should the ECU be reset when a new MAF sensor is installed? If the answer is "yes" then I would like to do it myself. I understand that all that is needed to reset the ECU is to disconnect the negative battery terminal, wait for 30 minutes, reconnect the terminal, then drive the car normally. Is this correct?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|07-24-2002, 09:05 PM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, TxVehicle:
1990 Legacy & 97 OBS
AWD 6MT EJ22T AWIC Swap
I'd reset it.
This is the way I've always done it
NOTE: Do this on a "cold" engine. Leave it sit overnight and do it in the morning.
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for 45-60 minutes.
2. Reconnect the negative battery terminal cable.
3. Turn off all your accessories.
4. Start the car, but DO NOT touch the throttle at all.
5. Let the car idle for 10-15 minutes, or until the car is at normal operating temperature. Again, do not touch the throttle.
6. Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position. That's it
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Removing bov and resetting ecu, do I need a new tune?||sirmasterdeck||Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)||2||11-28-2009 03:00 PM|
|Tune and reset ECU||JuggernautTCW||Engine Management & Tuning||5||03-02-2008 08:55 PM|
|Replaced TMIC, do I need to reset ECU?||Superorb||Commercial ECU Reflashes||10||05-07-2007 09:39 PM|
|Knock and Resetting ECU||Psipwrd||UTEC||7||08-10-2006 02:47 PM|
|ecuTEK reflash and resetting ecu?||axion7606||Newbies & FAQs||6||01-19-2004 04:03 PM|