Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday June 23, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
mackblobeye
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 447643
Vehicle:
2004 STI
WRB

Impreza WRX STi -- The 04 wrb STI --

Hey guys! I'm new(ish) to NASIOC, but I thought I would share my car with you all finally! (pictures below) I'm located in Colorado, so if any of you are from around here, I would love to here some input on trustworthy shops.

I bought an 2004 STi back at the end of March with 160,000 miles on the chassis and only 5,000 on the motor. It has been a journey giving it the TLC that it needs, and I still have plenty to do (But that's one of the joys of these cars, right?). I like to think of myself as mechanically inclined, I'm at least not a complete idiot, and with the help of forums like NASIOC, DIY projects are all the more feasible! I've done almost all the repairs and upgrades to the car myself and I've loved every minute of it. Each missing part, every inch of my arm that gets oil all over it to reach that unforgiving ***hole of a bolt, is all worth it. I'm seriously in love with this car. So here's whats been done so far...

Repairs so far:
- Replaced incredibly leaky Power Steering Pump assembly
- Replaced torn steering rack boot
- Replaced leaky valve cover gaskets (as well as the spark plug and halfmoon gaskets)
- Replaced shorted out TGV sensor
- Replaced various brackets and bolts that were missing here and there (I suspect a rushed job on putting the engine bay back together )
- Replaced "brittle" PCV valve

Upgrades so far:
- Cobb SF Intake
- Cobb AP (Running OTS Stage 1 91)
- Turboxs Cat-back High-flow Exhaust
- Cobb turbo heatshield
- Red Samco intercooler pipes
- Mishimoto Radiator
- Thule roof rack

Upgrades to come (within the next coupe months hopefully):
- Invidia Catless Downpipe
- Perrin Turbo inlet hose
- Grimmspeed AOS
- Perrin lightweight crank pulley
- Mishimoto radiator hoses (The PS pulley has started to grind on the OEM hose due to the larger radiator )
- TGV Deletes
- Protune by the Boost Creep
- Hopefully a new paint job... (paint damage on the hood due to rocks and such) but money.

I hope you all enjoy, and let me know what you think! I'm always up for suggestions!

IG: boostinsubaru

Also I apparently have no idea how to insert photos, little help?

Last edited by mackblobeye; 08-03-2016 at 10:03 AM.
mackblobeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links