Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 26, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-15-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
08wrxsedanWV
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463061
Default Need help. 08 wrx sedan heating issues.

Okay I'm new here but I've been on here for a while browsing but this is my first post.

I've had this car for a year, never had any issues at all. 122k miles.
Recently I won't lie, I was running it pretty hard one night coming home from work, I noticed my heat was going up slowly, accessport read 220 on the coolant temp.
Well tonight it was doing it a lot , so I went out bought a new thermostat, oem, installed it and flushed the coolant burped it and took it out, it seems to be overheating even worse, it went up to 239 coolant temp, had to shut it off and cool it off 3 times to get home. The coolant I drained was black, I've only used Subaru coolant since I've owned it, I do have a mishimoto aluminum radiator due to the stock one cracked.
I'm thinking my next step is to replace the head gaskets due to the black coolant. This is my first Subaru but I have a buddy with the same exact year and he's willing to help me rebuild what needs done, has had a similar issue but not the same.
Was hoping my Subaru family may be able to shed light on this issue , has anyone had it before or any pin points of what the problem may be ? Thanks guy appreciate it a ton.
08wrxsedanWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
Nalva
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 461335

Before going and tearing apart the motor you should check the block. You could rent the diagnostic tool just to make sure.
Nalva is offline   Reply With Quote