Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday June 26, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #676
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia490 View Post
Since you have no idea what you are talking about, maybe you should keep your $0.02 to yourself. The issue has nothing to do with shifting. If that was the case, why would there be an ECM re-flash for the manual. Has a TSB been released for the manual....I can't say for certain but what i can say from my own experience is that there is clearly an issue with driveability on the earlier '12 imprezas and that there is a noticeable improvement after the re-flash.
OK tough guy, since you don't know jack about what YOU are talking about maybe you should should shut TFU. I DO know what I am talking about. The one TSB had to do with the lockup point/RPMs with the CVT when accelerating. The RPMs would drop early and require the driver to increase throttle to maintain constant rate of acceleration. The second TSB has to do with excessive engine braking.

So there you go italia, I hope you feel like a total douche. Go do your homework before making yourself look like a fool.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ST Eye; 08-03-2012 at 09:54 AM.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #677
monkeyracer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308583
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Lakehood, CO
Vehicle:
2015 Forester XT
Crystal Black Silica

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
OK tough guy, since you don't know jack about what YOU are talking about maybe you should should shut TFU. I DO know what I am talking about. The one TSB had to do with the lockup point/RPMs with the CVT when accelerating. The RPMs would drop early and require the driver to increase throttle to maintain constant rate of acceleration. The second TSB has to do with excessive engine braking.

So there you go italia, I hope you feel like a total douche. Go do your homework before making yourself look like a fool.
How can a TSB involving shifting a CVT be what he was talking about for the Manual transmission cars? Different ECM flash. He is aware of those TSB's since I asked him in his thread if that's what the dealership applied to his car.

So, let's all calm down. Geez. You both know quite a bit, and you both have big egos. No need to get into a pissing match in this thread.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #678
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
How can a TSB involving shifting a CVT be what he was talking about for the Manual transmission cars? Different ECM flash. He is aware of those TSB's since I asked him in his thread if that's what the dealership applied to his car.

So, let's all calm down. Geez. You both know quite a bit, and you both have big egos. No need to get into a pissing match in this thread.
Please read his post in response to mine. I was trying to be helpful and he turns around and slaps me in the face. I have been nothing but helpful to the community ever since I picked up the first '12 Impreza on this forum. That siad, I don't appreciate jerkish comments when I'm trying to help someone out.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #679
MjSub2.0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314973
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: California
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Satin White

Default

Guys, just squash it! Some people might really not care to hear it. One of you is right the other one is wrong. It is what it is.
MjSub2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #680
An owned guy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313318
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Deep Cherry Pearl

Default

with this light weight crank pulley and/or a new muffler what kinda performance gains could we possibly be getting out our cars? like a few hp? cause i want to believe its worth it and go for it but i can't.
An owned guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #681
italia490
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308742
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by An owned guy
with this light weight crank pulley and/or a new muffler what kinda performance gains could we possibly be getting out our cars? like a few hp? cause i want to believe its worth it and go for it but i can't.
An axle back exhaust won't net you any hp. It will most likely make the exhaust sound deeper (depending on what kind of setup you choose).If you looking for the boxer rumble, there will be a hint of it but since our cars have EL headers, it will never sound the same as an STi. I did the muffler delete and put in place a 90' degree elbow. Sounds good but drones pretty bad on the freeway. If I had the cash laying around, I'd probably spring for La Chute's Performance axle back exhaust and modify the bumper for a cut out. I haven't decided what path I'll take in that regard but I'll be doing something soon. As far as the light weight pulley goes you might see 1-2 hp and the engine should rev a little better. Someone else mentioned that it might trigger a CEL. I'm not too far from Cobb and this is a mod I plan on doing as well, so I'll see if i can get more details from them.
italia490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:23 AM   #682
SleepNMnky
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 302491
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i Pr
Dark Grey Metallic CVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia490

Since you have no idea what you are talking about, maybe you should keep your $0.02 to yourself. The issue has nothing to do with shifting. If that was the case, why would there be an ECM re-flash for the manual. Has a TSB been released for the manual....I can't say for certain but what i can say from my own experience is that there is clearly an issue with driveability on the earlier '12 imprezas and that there is a noticeable improvement after the re-flash.
He does know what he's talking about considering the TSB for the CVTs addressed both a TCM & ECM reflash which STEye & I've had done & how the CVT drivability behavior changes after sounds pretty much exactly like the change you're noticing since your reflash. So apparently there's a reflash for both, maybe he's incorrect there, but there's only a TSB for the CVT. Relax buddy. Forums are all about 2 cents & you've given much more than that here.
SleepNMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #683
An owned guy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313318
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Deep Cherry Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia490

An axle back exhaust won't net you any hp. It will most likely make the exhaust sound deeper (depending on what kind of setup you choose).If you looking for the boxer rumble, there will be a hint of it but since our cars have EL headers, it will never sound the same as an STi. I did the muffler delete and put in place a 90' degree elbow. Sounds good but drones pretty bad on the freeway. If I had the cash laying around, I'd probably spring for La Chute's Performance axle back exhaust and modify the bumper for a cut out. I haven't decided what path I'll take in that regard but I'll be doing something soon. As far as the light weight pulley goes you might see 1-2 hp and the engine should rev a little better. Someone else mentioned that it might trigger a CEL. I'm not too far from Cobb and this is a mod I plan on doing as well, so I'll see if i can get more details from them.
Ah, ok thanks let me know what they say. Not expecting much power from mods but if it makes it a little more responsive it might be worth it.
An owned guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #684
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Update, installed the STI 19mm RSB today and I felt the difference over the stock unit already (250 miles on my car, a week old), then I let a buddy take it for a spin to test it out (He has over 7K on his 2012 Sport Limited with stock sway bars) and he said, "WOW! What a difference in the turns and the car really tracks better!"....2 thumbs up for the RSB upgrade!


Last edited by uspopo; 08-04-2012 at 06:45 PM.
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #685
pRiMe DiReCtIvE
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301387
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Bay - Cali
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza HB
Black/Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspopo View Post
Update, installed the STI 19mm RSB today and although I can hardly feel the difference over the stock unit (250 miles on my car), a coworker drove it afterwards (He has over 10K on his 12 Sport Limited) and he said what a difference in the turns and the car really tracks better....2 thumbs up for the RSB upgrade!
Nice. Did you buy new or used?
pRiMe DiReCtIvE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #686
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

I bought the STI 19mm RSB and bushings new...
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #687
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspopo View Post
I bought the STI 19mm RSB and bushings new...
From where and for how much?
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #688
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Subaruonlineparts.com I think I paid just under 100.00 for the bar and a set of bushings not including NYS tax and shipping....
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #689
Wes_888
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320291
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT
White

Default

Anyone know if any axleback exhaust (maybe with a midpipe) is already in the works for our impreza's yet? I want one made specially for our cars.. not a generic type.
Wes_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #690
FlyerHazen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320610
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
2012 2.0L
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_888 View Post
Anyone know if any axleback exhaust (maybe with a midpipe) is already in the works for our impreza's yet? I want one made specially for our cars.. not a generic type.
By generic, do you mean universal? I've been looking around and from what I found, HKS and Magnaflow make some nice mufflers that would fit well to our Imprezas. They are universal, though. I haven't seen any '12 Impreza specific mufflers. I'll probably be going with HKS. For a while, I was looking at a pre-08' wrx/sti exhaust and fit it to our cars, but so far no dice.
FlyerHazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #691
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerHazen View Post
By generic, do you mean universal? I've been looking around and from what I found, HKS and Magnaflow make some nice mufflers that would fit well to our Imprezas. They are universal, though. I haven't seen any '12 Impreza specific mufflers. I'll probably be going with HKS. For a while, I was looking at a pre-08' wrx/sti exhaust and fit it to our cars, but so far no dice.
Which one in particular would you have a link and the model?
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #692
Wes_888
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320291
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerHazen View Post
By generic, do you mean universal? I've been looking around and from what I found, HKS and Magnaflow make some nice mufflers that would fit well to our Imprezas. They are universal, though. I haven't seen any '12 Impreza specific mufflers. I'll probably be going with HKS. For a while, I was looking at a pre-08' wrx/sti exhaust and fit it to our cars, but so far no dice.
yes sorry, I meant universal. I want one directly made for our cars.
Wes_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #693
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Hopefully within the next few months someone will come out with a vehicle specific catback or axleback for our cars. I prefer a catback system myself. Does anybody know of any specific companies working on an exhaust and cold air intake systems for our cars? So far I see the lightweight crankshaft pulley from Perrin but no info on performance gains and/or any CEL issues...

Stan
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #694
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_888 View Post
yes sorry, I meant universal. I want one directly made for our cars.
Same here, there are boatloads of universal stuff but nothing specialized for our cars.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #695
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

I've installed my front strut bar from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=130735889461





Car seems to take corners flatter than before, paired with the 19mm STi rear sway bar car feels awesome.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #696
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

I would hope for that price that it is the OEM strut bar?
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #697
IMPREZA 2012
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318422
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Montreal Canada
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
White

Default

pkl : Do you paint it?? lokk nice
IMPREZA 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #698
daricklo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327977
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspopo View Post
Subaruonlineparts.com I think I paid just under 100.00 for the bar and a set of bushings not including NYS tax and shipping....
What year is the STI bar from?
daricklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #699
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPREZA 2012 View Post
pkl : Do you paint it?? lokk nice
Yup I plasti dipped it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
I would hope for that price that it is the OEM strut bar?
The OEM one goes for $499.95 Canadian according to Subaru.ca.

Last edited by pkL; 08-07-2012 at 12:54 AM.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #700
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daricklo View Post
What year is the STI bar from?
2011 STI 19mm RSB and make sure you order the bushings also...
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody in SCIC-land taken possession of 2012 Impreza 2.0i yet? somebody else Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 3 12-23-2015 04:34 AM
factory SS or aftermarket for 2012??? Myth21 Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 8 01-07-2012 11:18 AM
Has anyone test drive a 2012 Impreza yet? pRiMe DiReCtIvE General Community 25 11-28-2011 10:03 PM
Hybrid Impreza in the works for 2012? rsholland News & Rumors 43 03-12-2010 10:58 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.