Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday February 25, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #1
biserker1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 427273
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Limited

Default Parts for 2016 auto dimming/homelink mirror convesion

looking to switch out my mirror to the auto dimming homelink mirror.

Just wanted to know if anyone has all the part numbers needed. I spoke to my dealer and he didn't know if i needed the adaptor or not - i know, WTH? Right?

Mirror part number?
Adapter needed? part number?

I also noticed there were two different types of mirror that had similar descriptions but different prices.

Right now i am rocking the crappy plastic POS that apparently subaru has the balls to put on a 30K car.

Going to order online and install myself next week. Any help is appreciated
biserker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2015, 10:50 PM   #2
cyralax
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 425154
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Sport
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default Parts for 2016 auto dimming/homelink mirror convesion

There's no adapter needed, just twist the cover off of the existing mirror, press the tab and slide up to remove. The harness for the powered mirrors is under the map lights.

There's two mirrors, the cheaper one is just auto-dimming, the more expensive one includes Homelink. I don't have part numbers but they're available on the Subaru website I think. Subispeed has an install video for the rearview mirror they sell if you want to see the process.

I'm picking up my car Friday and have the Autodimming+Homelink on order, I'll share any install notes that I get.
cyralax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
biserker1
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX Limited

Thanks. Appreciate the info!
Old 09-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
cyralax
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX Sport
Lapis Blue Pearl

Just picked up my car today, I absolutely love it. Definitely a huge step up from my Corolla.

In terms of the mirror install, I didn't take any pictures because I felt that it was easy enough.

To install the mirror:
1) Start by twisting the cap on the mirror mount on the windshield.
2) There is a tab on the bottom of the mount, lift up and push the mirror up to remove.
3) On the top centre console, there is a little indent at the middle rear edge of the map light cover, one on each side. Stick a flathead screwdriver or trim removal tool into the indent. You will have to do this for the passenger side as well.
4) Once the light cover has been removed, there will be two Phillips screws, the one on the driver side is to the left of the light, the one on the passenger side is on the right of the light. Remove both screws.
5) Carefully remove the entire overhead console. I started by pulling down on the rear edge of the console.
6) Locate the mirror plug. It will be on the rear passenger side of the opening. It will be a white plug. Mine was covered in foam and wrapped in a blue tape. Remove the tape.
7) Route the white end of the cable that comes with your mirror through the front of the headliner and to the passenger side of the vehicle where the plug is. You can just stick your fingers under the middle front of the headliner and pull down gently to get the space required. (Helps to have another person for this step)
8) Plug in the cable.
9)[Optional] Plug in the black end to the mirror, put your ignition in the On position. Ensure mirror is working.
10) Slide the mirror back onto the mount.
(Steps 11-13 can be done interchangably)
11) Attach the cable sleeve to the mirror. Route the cable so that it goes under the sleeve.
12) Tighten the (set) screw that is in the middle of where the mirror attaches to the windshield.
13) Pull down the headliner just a bit and extend the cable sleeve so that the two prongs sit between the headliner and the roof.
14) Done! Adjust mirror so you can observe your sexy self in it at all times.

How to program Homelink:
With the car on:
1) Hold the handheld opener that came with your garage door about 1-2 inches away from the mirror.
2) Simultaneously hold the opener button the handheld opener and whatever button you want to program on the homelink for about 5 seconds. The centre light will flash red.
3) You can release both the homelink and opener button. Press the homelink button twice more, five seconds each time.
4) Your garage door should work when the programmed button is depressed. To confirm function, press and hold the programmed button. You can release the button when the door moves(duh) which is also when the centre light stops flashing red and goes back to green. If not, crack a beer, pull up a chair and consult the Homelink instruction manual that came in the box with the mirror.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way responsible for any damages that may occur to your vehicle while following these instructions. These instructions are for informative purposes and may not be entirely correct. Any responsibility for damages falls upon the person performing the process as described by these instructions.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #5
biserker1
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX Limited

This is great! Thanks!
Old 09-09-2015, 01:46 PM   #6
mdaygo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 418001
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WRB

Going to be doing this to mine this weekend. I was a bit confused as there are two part numbers for auto dimming mirrors that are compatible with the 2016 WRX. One has an adaptor plate which seems to be the only difference.
mdaygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
biserker1
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX Limited

I think one is for cars with eye sight and one is for non-eye sight cars. Read the descriptions carefully.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:24 AM   #8
cyralax
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX Sport
Lapis Blue Pearl

^ Correct. Part number H501SFJ101 is for the Autodimming with Compass and Homelink, for models WITHOUT Eyesight. There's actually four mirrors, two which have Homelink and two which don't.