Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 28, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-19-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
Rafaelsoares123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459508
Default Key fob problem 2012 subaru wrx sedan

Hey guys, i need some help. I have a staged 2 subaru wrx that i bought pre owned in which i got a hold of the owner before purchasing. Long story short, the dealership uninstalled and removed a remote starter. I believe this is my problem.

I cant get either one of my key fobs to unlock doors. Im forced to unlock the car manually with a key which sets off the alarm, so i had to remove the horn fuse temporarily.

I tried replacing the batteries and also reprogramed them correctly using a series of steps i found online but still nothinng.

What are the possible causes of this?

Is it possible something couldve been unplugged after remote starter removal? Help!!
Rafaelsoares123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2017, 01:58 AM   #2
youknownb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 458583

If you unlock twice it should disable the factory alarm, most of the time the remote start is just tied inline with the factory wiring. Id make sure the key fobs are the correct ones for your year first.
youknownb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
Rafaelsoares123
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknownb View Post
If you unlock twice it should disable the factory alarm, most of the time the remote start is just tied inline with the factory wiring. Id make sure the key fobs are the correct ones for your year first.

Ill put that into conauderation. The fobs camw with the car but i still got nothing. During programming i hit the lock button on the fob an disengaged the program procwss so i know its reading the fob and its functional
Old 01-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #4
youknownb
Scooby Newbie

Are you suppose to have the door open or anything like that while programming the fob?
Old 01-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #5
Rafaelsoares123
Scooby Newbie

Yea, after switching ignition from on-off 10 times i open it and program siren begins, i did it all right but the fob for some reason doesnt read the doors
Old 01-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #6
youknownb
Scooby Newbie

Does your dome light come on when you open the door? I ask because the pin switch could be bad which wouldnt let you complete the programming.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #7
Rafaelsoares123
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Does your dome light come on when you open the door? I ask because the pin switch could be bad which wouldnt let you complete the programming.
Yea it turns on and blinks when i initiate the programming as normal
Old 01-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #8
youknownb
Scooby Newbie

If you are getting that far then the control unit for the keyless is working, they could have cut some wires during removal or burned up the keyless module.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #9
Rafaelsoares123
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
If you are getting that far then the control unit for the keyless is working, they could have cut some wires during removal or burned up the keyless module.
Thats what im thinking, ill get it checked out, thanks