Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday June 25, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
silverF4turbo
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 20492
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
4 -valve Derper
Let's JDM styling!

Default Scammer central: JP Carbon

My interaction with JPCarbon last year can be summarized as follows:
  1. I paid them money for a carbon fiber part.
  2. I never got the part.
  3. They responded to my emails with stall responses ("I'll look into this") within the first 45 days from the purchase.
  4. After 45 days, you had** no recourse with PayPal. Your money is gone. **Paypal may have revised this to 180 days
  5. Then they stopped responding to my emails.
  6. They kept my money.

My warning to fellow Nasioc'ers: avoid JP Carbon / jpcarbon like the plague. Do not buy!

The company that scammed me, JP Carbon / jpcarbon, is a Chinese-based carbon fiber replica parts maker that makes Subaru, BMW, and other carbon fiber parts.

Just to make clear which company I'm talking about, it's jpcarbon.com. The guy who runs it 'Steve' otherwise known as MENG FEIFAN uses the email addresses [email protected] (his paypal address) and [email protected]. I believe they sell on a few online reseller marketplace websites as well.

A search online reveals a few things:

- They might actually produce some parts (but it may be hit or miss if you'll ever receive it)
Quote:
Well I pulled the trigger on the trunk spoiler. I think that it is coming from China or somewhere over there. So I will Let you know when I get it.
Well I got my Audi spoiler today. Actually came pretty quickly....considering I ordered it last Monday. I will say that the weave quality and the fitment is less than I had hoped for...
- Anyone dealt with JPcarbon? - 1addicts
- People have purported the quality to be crap
Quote:
... And it turns out that they're crap.

CF weave seems to be of quality but the fit was WAY off. Couldn't get them to fit no matter how much I struggled. The curve around the back of the housing was off, no way to make it fit. Going to be pushing for a refund - word to the wise, stay away from JP Carbon
JP Carbon Side Mirror Cap Replacements - Fiesta Forum
More:
- You may not be able to return it, or if you do, may not get your money back
Quote:
I bought carbon products for my Wrx which clearly were very por quality and didnt fit. They ask me to send them back registered post and never received a refund.
JPCarbon Reviews - Resellerratings.com
Quote:
...does not fit whatsoever, they just made a smooth concave bubble where it should be molded to the back of the hatch. Tried emailing, they told me to send it back to them, I said that they can reimburse me for the shipping because it's cost close to 100$ to send it back to china. Then they just never replied to any further emails.
JP Carbon - subaruforester.org
Quote:
I have been messed around by them aswell. They sent me the wrong part once then just ignored me. Although I did it through ioffers.
car part supplier scam ! - Swift Owners
Quote:
Went through the same **** even sent them back for a refund and stopped getting responses. I can't even report it cause it took so long to get to me and back. I said **** it and **** Chinese parts
JPCarbon = Bad quality Beware! - focusst.org
- From my search, the only person I've seen successfully get their money back likely filed a paypal dispute within the 45 day period
Quote:
Just a warning guys DO NOT do any bushiness with 'JP carbon' as they have a few Suzuki parts.. its a scam company.

i tried to get some canard from them a month a go, paid straight away via pay pal.. to this day its pending shipment and not answering any email ( this is what they do )... i got paypal involved and now they are refusing to pay.. also my account have been changed since Paypal got involved saying i haven't paid.. but i took screen shots when i paid ( as usual).

so just be careful guys
i have started putting a claim through paypal. on my account it clearly show money going out to them, but now they removed my account all together :L
so finally got my money back.. does anyone know where to get the sun line racing front canards not carbon ones ? obv not jp carbons :L

car part supplier scam ! - Swift Owners
Just sharing this because this company, which sells Subaru parts, appears to be doing this to a bunch of people. Not just my one bad experience:
Quote:
Hello bimmerfest members. I just wanted to let you know i paid 700$ for an e34 CF hood from JP carbon for ever ago. (6/22/14) they stalled me via email for 45 days and just blackballed me. No contact.

Do NOT fall for these scammers!

I've sent email after email every week since. Paypal say over 45 days go F yourself.
JP Carbon A scam company! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums
Quote:
I ordered a carbon fiber grille for the front of my 09 WRX from JP Carbon and it never arrived.

I tried to get in contact with them on numerous occasions and even filed a dispute against them via my bank.

They never replied to my personal contact attempts and when the dispute was filed against them they did not wish to compensate me.

Under the return policy on JP Carbon's webpage they state that they 'Work hard to make sure each customer 100% satisified' and that they 'will resolve any problem.'

This is an absolute lie.

I am now a few hundred dollars out of pocket because of this company and will never ever do business with them again.

I suggest to NEVER PURCHASE FROM JP CARBON.

Re: Jp carbon fiber hood vent - Iwsti
* Disclaimer: this guy posted the same complaint a few forums and changes what car he has based on the car genre of the forum (e.g. WRX, Forester, Legacy). Sounds like my situation enough that I'm copying it though.
Quote:
"DO NOT EVER ever never deal with this company. The secret is that JP stands for "just pay" and that will be the extent of your interaction with this company. "
Quote:
"Beware Australian Buyers. I bought carbon products for my Wrx which clearly were very por quality and didnt fit. They ask me to send them back registered post and never received a refund.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY"
Quote:
"Ordered some small parts from their website well over a year ago and they've never come in. Contacted them directly to figure out what happened and I'm pretty sure they lied to me quite a bit. Never got back to me when they said they would."
Quote:
"Order 380 3/27/2013 6:26:14 AM (Subaru Impreza/WRX 2004-2005 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser ): never received nor refunded
421.39 $ you stole !!!!"
I don't often by replica pieces (I have had two total in 13 years of Subaru ownership) but this time caved because the original went out of production and I really wanted the piece/didn't want to wait for one to come up for resale. Also original wasn't available in carbon.

It's a shame because I'm sure there are decent Chinese sellers and manufacturers out there, but because of this one bad experience I'm pretty sure I won't ever purchase directly from a Chinese company again.

Last edited by silverF4turbo; 01-04-2016 at 05:35 PM.
silverF4turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
besthaticouldo
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (15)

Member#: 279660
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

You have 180 days now.

Quote:
Purchase Protection covers all eligible purchases where PayPal is used, as well as payments made through our website. To take advantage of Purchase Protection, we require, among other things, that accounts to be kept in good standing and ask that a dispute be filed within 180 days of your purchase or payment.
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/p...y-and-security

They changed it recently.
besthaticouldo is offline   Reply With Quote