Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
thrashdu2002
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 199949
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default california subaru dealerships.

I have kind of a strange request and questions.

Im getting ready to buy a new subaru but theres not a lot of options at my subaru dealership here locally(McCrea Subaru).

Im thinking of traveling a bit to get my new outback. Now i use to sell cars for a few years and i know about kick back checks to dealerships and selling cars about $200-500 over invoice. Do over invoice deals still work well? How did you guys get a good deal? I havent sold cars now for about 5 years and i dont know how much the game has changed.

Im thinking about checking out redding, santa rosa, san jose, and sacramento subaru.

Any advice helps.
thrashdu2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
ScoobieSnack09
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 291127
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i SP
5-dr DGM

I just searched far and wide from san diego to la. I got invoice on a '13 impreza hatch the other day. Costco has affiliate dealerships that you can get near and/or below invoice for (I got a quote in OC for below 400 invoice but they weren't getting the specific model I wanted for awhile). I just asked dealerships for quotes and then go to another and ask if they can match or beat the price. I took the OC Costco quote and brought it to another dealership and they were able to do invoice.
ScoobieSnack09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
thrashdu2002
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
Silver

Thanks for all the help scoob
Old 11-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
coder
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332634
Vehicle:
2012 WRX sedan
CGM

I haven't necessarily looked for outbacks (I bought a WRX) but Redding offered the best deal over any other CA dealers at the time. They were still charging a premium but that is common with WRXs and STIs. I ended up buying mine in New Hampshire and made a "vacation" out of it. I live in Chico, CA where there is a small dealership who sells outbacks. They seem to have decent prices as well.

If you happen to change your mind and consider a WRX, I'm selling my babied 2012 gray sedan with < 4.5k miles in new condition for $24,750.
coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #5
thrashdu2002
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
Silver

Sounds like a good deal but with my first baby on the way the wifey needs the outback. I have my own lifted f150 4x4. Its been a dream of mine to own a wrx and sti someday. I will get one.