Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 22, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-18-2017, 02:50 AM   #1
subarumod
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 468745
Vehicle:
06 wrx
black as your girls soul

Default painted door- came out great

Ive been posting these photos in the what did you do to your subaru thread. However I felt it came out so good, I needed more eyes to view it, maybe they can see evidence for themselves before buying and using this stuff. and also give a shoutout to the Grimspeed Spray paint.. That stuff is awesome.

long story short.. My pa was working on my ride in a apartment garage, it was in nuetral, no e brake.. rolled out of the garage, door was open, and the door outside where the handle is smashed in a tad.
pa got some ghetto, call this magnetic poster ona guys car to come do whatever it is.. bondo here bondo there and a door came back to shape..

many years later, tired of it.. Im planning on buying a new door before I paint the thing but wanted to try my hand at fixing it up for the time before that happenes.. and by golly did it come out as beutiful as I could make it... without clear out .. letting it dry the recommended time

what it looked like before sanding

sanded down and found some red stuff underneath. made everything smooth

first layer of prime

2nd

day later, sanded the prime all smooth and applied paint
applied about 3 layers. here it is drying

day later

another day later

now I wait before I try to clear coat it..
came out pretty darn decent for a newbie at these things..

tomorrow ill get a daylight picture.. it really blends in nicely.. Im really shocked how close the colors match, you can barely tell.
I need to wash my door as its dirty on the non painted section.. unfortunately I got some light overspray on the weather strip and slight over spray on the upper door section. I had it covered so Idk how da F that happened... Ill spray paint the strip black. and maybe give a nice coat over the overspray section or just clear coat over it to make it smooth ..

let me know what you think or just look in amazement. ha

Last edited by subarumod; 07-18-2017 at 03:00 AM.
subarumod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
webberjames95
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 417695
Chapter/Region: NWIC

I'd try doing the whole door at once. Hard to blend those areas. Also is it smooth?
webberjames95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
subarumod
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 468745
Vehicle:
06 wrx
black as your girls soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by webberjames95 View Post
I'd try doing the whole door at once. Hard to blend those areas. Also is it smooth?
Yeah Ive come to find out. This paint is awesome, it layers and dries to the feel of the OEM paint which really amazed me out of a spray can.. theres a tad lip, like a finger nail where I had it covered. Im thinking of giving the entire door a layer to blend it in but its also not that bad from what it looked like before.. So Im going to spray some clear over the section and call it a day.
subarumod is offline   Reply With Quote