Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday May 24, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
JSC Speed
Former Vendor

Member#: 75126
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default JSC Speed E36 On Track with SCCA

I participated in the JRRC SCCA's annual season finale events, "The Prelude" and "The Jerk" at NJMP's Thinderbolt circuit last weekend. The JRRC created a set of classes for Lemons and Chump cars so I seized the opportunity to finish my provisional license requirements and took the Team Cardorks JSC Speed E36 hooptie out to play.

The LCC ruleset allowed "LeChump" cars to run as they would in either series provided they pass SCCA tech inspection and we had to run on street tires (Direzza ZIIs in my case). My car passed tech easily, even getting a few "it's better than I expected" comments from a few of the tech guys.

I was the only entrant in the three LCC classes (LCC1, 2 and 3 were created) and shared the track with ITR/S/B cars...Friday's Prelude event was a one day event, with a 10-min practice, 150min quali, then a 12-lap race. I qualified P4/9 in the group. After a well fought race with the Maximum Attack 2.5RS I emerged P4 in the race.

Saturday and Sunday was considered a second event with a 10-min quali (I was P10/21) which set the field for an 8-lap quali/race (finished P11/21), which set the grid for a 10-lap quali/race (I ended up P9/21)...the 10-lapper set the grid for the final 12-lap classic sprint race.

I ended up P6/20 in this last race...having dodged a few spinning cars on the first lap and making a couple passes for position...and then giving up one too. The Team Cardorks JSCpeed E36 ran great all weekend and even on the heat cycled tires that we had already raced 15-hours on earlier in the year, performed respectably.

Video from Sunday's 12-Lap Race

So, now, with my SCCA Regional license in hand, I am looking forward to next year and doing a couple SCCA Enduro events...namely The Devil (12-hours at NJMP) and The Headlight Brigade (13-hours at VIR).
JSC Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links