Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 15, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
T-Ma5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 427549
Default Will a 2015-2017 Sti sliding door cup holder fit in a 2015-2017 wrx?

Is this possible?

T-Ma5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2016, 05:58 PM   #2
heymonroe
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 451783
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
CWP

Yeah this is a good question, I would like this in my '17
heymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:58 PM   #3
sc00ter
Scooby Guru

Member#: 117767
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2014 Audi S4
DP Stage 2 (~420whp)

A buddy of mine swapped the sliding door cupholder into his crosstrek and said it was plug and play. I've actually been thinking of trying this out myself. My '11 STI had it and I found it to be a much cleaner look and with the door closed, it's a perfect spot to put a cell phone.

OP, be the guinea pig and let us know!!
sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
Un4SakenSoulja
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 447139
Vehicle:
2016 Subaru WRX Prem
Crystal Black Silica

I would like to know this too. Those holders look so much better than the WRX ones
Un4SakenSoulja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:32 PM   #5
Un4SakenSoulja
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 Subaru WRX Prem
Crystal Black Silica

I found on SOA the fitments of the cup holders. It looks like it would fit but for some reason they left out the 2016 WRX models but I'm assuming that it will fit since they are the same models.
Here is the link where I found it.

http://parts.subaru.com/p/CUP-HOLDER/49278590/66155AG100JC.html
Old 08-31-2016, 06:04 PM   #6
bkent136
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 405025

Is that the only item you would need to make it fit? There is no other trim pieces needed? Like the edges? I'm willing to try it.
bkent136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:11 PM   #7
GC8Monkey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4970
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX WRB
2001 Impreza TS BRP

Thumbs up

It will work, however you would have to replace the whole center console with one from a Crosstrek or Impreza as the one we have in our WRX is molded in one piece with the cup holders. I have been thinking about doing this as well and stopped in at my dealer today to check for all the parts that I would require. There is a whole laundry list to make it work properly. Also you can't get a red stitched leather armrest in NA and would have to order it from Japan. If I go ahead with it I will share, but at this point I have to think about whether the cost is worth it to be the guinea pig .
GC8Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:23 PM   #8
ajsti24
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 345666
Vehicle:
2018 STi,GLC43,CZ4A

You need to order the top cover too item# 92132

ajsti24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #9
T-Ma5
Scooby Newbie

Thanks gc8monkey for the input. I thought about switching the entire console buy I would lose the rear cup holders and it would cost too much to switch everything out. But ajsti24 (great documented build on your pure red sti btw) could be on to something here assuming the console box is the same we could just switch the top cover however, the sti cover looks have a bigger opening for the sport sharp switch
Vs

My question is, if I were to order the sti top cover, is the opening for the si drive switch open? Or is there a plastic cover/well?
Old 09-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #10
ajsti24
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 345666
Vehicle:
2018 STi,GLC43,CZ4A

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Ma5 View Post
Thanks gc8monkey for the input. I thought about switching the entire console buy I would lose the rear cup holders and it would cost too much to switch everything out. But ajsti24 (great documented build on your pure red sti btw) could be on to something here assuming the console box is the same we could just switch the top cover however, the sti cover looks have a bigger opening for the sport sharp switch
Vs

My question is, if I were to order the sti top cover, is the opening for the si drive switch open? Or is there a plastic cover/well?
The STi center top cover will be open, you can either make a custom cap/cover or order an SI drive switch/knob assembly.
ajsti24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #11
GC8Monkey
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX WRB
2001 Impreza TS BRP

Oh yes, you could just swap a STI top cover instead, but you would have a large hole there for the SI drive and center diff switch. Sorry about that. For myself I want to replicate the look of the console of the S4 and have the armrest extend as I find the one in my WRX is a bit low and far back.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #12
sc00ter
Scooby Guru

Member#: 117767
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2014 Audi S4
DP Stage 2 (~420whp)

Any update on someone trying this out. Still very curious but don't want to be the guinea pig this go-around.
sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:20 PM   #13
T-Ma5
Scooby Newbie

Gc8monkey got any pics of your console set up just curious about the fit. Moreover, are you certain that the sti console cover would have a large hole and not a plastic well that removable?
Old 09-07-2016, 06:56 PM   #14
GC8Monkey
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX WRB
2001 Impreza TS BRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Ma5 View Post
Gc8monkey got any pics of your console set up just curious about the fit. Moreover, are you certain that the sti console cover would have a large hole and not a plastic well that removable?
Sorry but I don't have a pic of my console right now, it is just stock. I haven't changed anything yet as I am currently waiting for a part. As for the STI console cover, I am pretty sure it would fit as the main section is the same between the STI and the WRX and the only difference is the cupholder section. Keep in mind that the SI Drive area is just a hole for the switch and there is no plastic well piece available that I know of. As I am looking more at replacing the whole console, I haven't really looked at the STI swap. The one thing about any of these swaps is that the heated seat switch is different between the WRX and all other models. The WRX has two separate switches, whereas all the other models have both seat switches in one. This is what I am waiting on right now. I have to see if I can adapt the two separate connections for the heated seat switches on my WRX to the integrated single switch. I hope that makes sense. Once I have that solved, it is just a matter of me getting all the rest of the parts I need and installing them. I'll be sure to post pics when I am done if I go ahead with this. One thing is for sure though, this swap is so much easier with any other model
Old 09-09-2016, 12:15 AM   #15
T-Ma5
Scooby Newbie

Gc8monkey thanks buddy for the info. Looking forward to seeing what you've done!
Old 09-09-2016, 06:45 AM   #16
RevengeOfDoh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 423188
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Limited
CBS

Someone did this mod here or on iwsti and I think they used a coin holder from an older forester to fill the gap. The heated seat switches also needed to be changed because they're a different size from the WRX ones.
RevengeOfDoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:03 PM   #17
ryval
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 387829
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium
Ice Silver Metallic

This has been discussed before on here and other forums. Given Subaru's notorious ways to cut corners, you'll soon realize that they have been recycling the same center console (and lots of other parts) on their newer vehicles. Yes, the XV/Crosstrek is a plug n play for the cup holder (which is lame considering the WRX should have it standard). It is NOT for the WRX. You will need the STi center console panel in addition to the cupholder, should you choose to retain your WRX center console, but even then there will be modification required from what is mentioned in the threads. Here are some threads I have found to help:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2407200 (by cianuro. Discusses the similarities and differences between the 05-09 Legacy Console vs WRX/STi Console. He goes in depth with comparisons and explains the modifications required for the wrx console.)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2500563&page=3 (showcases legacy center console panel on a forester and DCCD panel mods)

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interi...ap-08-wrx.html (contains part numbers)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=991 (by NBRX. panels are customized and references part numbers.)
ryval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #18
T-Ma5
Scooby Newbie

Wow this is awesome thank you so much!
Old 10-16-2016, 09:53 PM   #19
Un4SakenSoulja
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 Subaru WRX Prem
Crystal Black Silica

Default Finished STi console conversion

If anyone still looking at this, I did mine if anyone is still interested. I just did the console swap. You do need to do a little modification on the heated seats buttons. But it does fit. PM me you have questions. Or hit me up in an email [email protected], might be easier to contact me there. I can provide more pics too.

https://postimg.org/image/c8b8bxdgj/

Last edited by Un4SakenSoulja; 10-16-2016 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #20
DennisJ7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 456249
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4SakenSoulja View Post
If anyone still looking at this, I did mine if anyone is still interested. I just did the console swap. You do need to do a little modification on the heated seats buttons. But it does fit. PM me you have questions. Or hit me up in an email [email protected], might be easier to contact me there. I can provide more pics too.

https://postimg.org/image/c8b8bxdgj/

that looks amazing. how difficult was it to setup? including readjusting the seat buttons?
DennisJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #21
HyRoad
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 416559
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisJ7 View Post
that looks amazing. how difficult was it to setup? including readjusting the seat buttons?
It shouldn't be difficult at all. Mine shows up Friday and I can post back after I install. I'm under the impression that all you need to do to make the heated seat buttons fit is to file down the hole where the STi buttons are now.
HyRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:21 PM   #22
Cab0oze
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 443914
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB

Subbed, definitely want to do this. Looking forward to seeing more installations & part lists...
Cab0oze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:08 AM   #23
HyRoad
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 416559
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX DGM

Install went well. I contemplated just buying all the OEM parts from Subaru, but I ended up getting a really good deal on a center console from a salvaged STI. Just had to swap in the AUX/USB port and heated seat buttons (had to file out the original hole a bit) from the WRX console, then everything was plug and play. Still have the S drive knob installed until I can find something to fill that hole with.

Last edited by HyRoad; 10-24-2016 at 02:40 PM.
HyRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:56 AM   #24
mpen97
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 501048
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyRoad View Post
Install went well. I contemplated just buying all the OEM parts from Subaru, but I ended up getting a really good deal on a center console from a salvaged STI. Just had to swap in the AUX/USB port and heated seat buttons (had to file out the original hole a bit) from the WRX console, then everything was plug and play. Still have the S drive knob installed until I can find something to fill that hole with.

I know it's been a couple of years since you posted this, but I'm looking at swapping mine out. Have you since found anything to cover up/replace the DCCD?
mpen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:02 AM   #25
mpen97
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 501048
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
WRB

Full swap complete on my 2016 WRX Premium! (Excuse the mess... overdue for a clean)

mpen97 is offline   Reply With Quote