Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 2, 2022
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default Motion lab Tuned 2014 STi 511WHP/519WTQ GTX3071r tuned with Cobb Flex Fuel

Shop: Motion Lab Tuning
Dyno Type: DynoCom FX5000-AWD
Temp: 74F
Boost: 27psi
Fuel: E85
Target AFR: 12:1
SAE Corrections: Default Corrections
Peak HP at RPM: 511whp @ 5550 RPMs
Peak Torque at RPM: 519wtq @ 4850 RPMs
Transmission: Stock 6 speed
Gear: 4th
Engine Management: Cobb AP V3 w/ Speed density + Flex Fuel
Engine/Power Modifications:
This is a customer that came to us from Tennessee after making some big changes over his last turbo set-up that we tuned with Flex Fuel. He opted for the ETS rotated turbo kit with a Garrett GTX 3071r turbocharger and their 4" FMIC kit. Upgraded to the ID 2200cc fuel injectors and hardwired the existing AEM 320LPH fuel pump kit. The fuel pump was ultimately what limited us, although the customer didn't want to go much higher than this with the stock rods still in the bottom end. Heads were stock as well, this set-up would benefit greatly from a better set of cams. Tune came out super smooth and the Flex Fuel software is a dream to tune with!

Final HP/TQ w/ Boost:



Follow whats going on at the shop on our Facebook page Motion Lab Tuning - Automotive - Charlotte, NC | Facebook

Thanks for looking!
Alex Goodwin
[email protected]
MotionLabTuning.com - Engineering Performance
Motion Lab on Instagram
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #2
bluemax189
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 137405
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 6spd
GTX3076r

Default

great results on a 3071 at that! any pump numbers for us in non-cornfuel world to compare to?
bluemax189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemax189 View Post
great results on a 3071 at that! any pump numbers for us in non-cornfuel world to compare to?
Yeah the spool was a lot more fun than the 3076r too. It came out exactly as expected power wise with the Cobb flex fuel software. Final power on 93OCT pump gas was low 400's at about 24PSI.

Thanks,
Alex
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #4
Concretebone
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367503
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hudson Valley ny
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

what kind of fuel pump setup is this running? looking for similar numbers but not sure i can feed the beast



*EDIT* nevermind i looked right over what you had written xD
Concretebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concretebone View Post
what kind of fuel pump setup is this running? looking for similar numbers but not sure i can feed the beast



*EDIT* nevermind i looked right over what you had written xD
No problem! Any of the 340LPH pumps with a hardwire kit should get you around 500WHP on a dynojet style dyno with E85 in our experience. We have been using the AEM fuel pumps with good results.

Thanks,
Alex
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #6
subrex16
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323531
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Northern Illinois
Default

was there any specific reason the customer opted for a 3071 compared to a 76?
subrex16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:33 PM   #7
Concretebone
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367503
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hudson Valley ny
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

I've got a dw300c currently, similar flow rate but time will tell. Not sure what to do for higher power lol I was thinking a surge tank and run the 300c to that and then a 044 to the injectors
Concretebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:27 AM   #8
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrex16 View Post
was there any specific reason the customer opted for a 3071 compared to a 76?
Better spool and still make the target power. Honestly with the new Gen II compressors as well I feel the sweet spot is either the 3071R or 3576R for a good responsive street turbo on the 2.5L AVCS motor.

Thanks,
Alex
[email protected]
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concretebone View Post
I've got a dw300c currently, similar flow rate but time will tell. Not sure what to do for higher power lol I was thinking a surge tank and run the 300c to that and then a 044 to the injectors
Just make sure its hardwired for now for the most flow.

You could consider a AEM 380LPH fuel pump, same size as Bosch but about 80LPH more flow. Similar flow curve as well. For customers making 650+WHP on E85 we will typically run a Fuelab 1000HP, 1300HP, or 1500HP pumps with the build in speed regulators and a 1.5L Forge motorsport surge tank.

Thanks,
Alex
[email protected]
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #10
Concretebone
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367503
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hudson Valley ny
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Not hard wired currently, is that a necessity I'm not exactly sure how to go about that. Is it just running a solid power wire from 12v?
Concretebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #11
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concretebone View Post
Not hard wired currently, is that a necessity I'm not exactly sure how to go about that. Is it just running a solid power wire from 12v?
Yes sir, thats pretty much it. We will typically use a DW or AEM hardwire kit (DW FPHW or AEM 30-2062). This will provide constant voltage to the pump and increase flow over running off the factory fuel pump controller.


Thanks,
Alex
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #12
rexworx
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103232
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: GTX3576R 05GD, GTX3076R'd FXT
Vehicle:
GTX 3071R'd 11WRX
PPG,4.44,LSD,E85,6spdx3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion Lab Tuning View Post
Better spool and still make the target power. Honestly with the new Gen II compressors as well I feel the sweet spot is either the 3071R or 3576R for a good responsive street turbo on the 2.5L AVCS motor.

Thanks,
Alex
[email protected]

If you have the choice when it comes to the og 11 blade gtx turbos on a 2.5ltr EJ. Do you feel the gtx3076r has its place? I know it can make power. Plenty of e85 cams right around 500whp. Would you really suggest the gtx3071r or right too the gtx3576r it sounds though?
rexworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #13
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexworx View Post
If you have the choice when it comes to the og 11 blade gtx turbos on a 2.5ltr EJ. Do you feel the gtx3076r has its place? I know it can make power. Plenty of e85 cams right around 500whp. Would you really suggest the gtx3071r or right too the gtx3576r it sounds though?
Yeah honestly I feel the GTX3076r has always led to slight disappointment in terms of power output versus spool. This turbo did exactly what we wanted it to do and did it spooling about 300-400RPM sooner than a 3076r. So especially with the new Gen II stuff I would say 3071r otherwise jump to 3576r if you want more power than the 3071 can offer.

I think the GTX3076R works great on other engines with more displacement or in a twin turbo configuration on a v6 or v8, but not a very exciting turbo on these cars in my opinion.

Thanks,
Alex
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #14
gsrcrxsi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236952
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Vehicle:
2010 WRX (SSM)
Stg 2+ 310/370, 6sp R180

Default

Is the turbo used/shown here in this thread the gen1 or gen2? its a bit unclear. I cant tell if you're saying that this car is using gen2, or that it would be even better with gen2.

What Inj DC and fuel pressure are you running on that setup? ID2200s seems like way overkill.
gsrcrxsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #15
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcrxsi View Post
Is the turbo used/shown here in this thread the gen1 or gen2? its a bit unclear. I cant tell if you're saying that this car is using gen2, or that it would be even better with gen2.

What Inj DC and fuel pressure are you running on that setup? ID2200s seems like way overkill.
Sorry, to clarify this is a Gen 1 GTX3071R turbocharger with the TiAL .82A/R v-band turbine housing. It would be even better with the Gen II as the flow would be increased another 20% over the Gen I stuff, effectively making it put out the same power as the Gen I GTX3076R.

The ID 2200cc injectors run so amazing at low pulse width it wasn't much of a concern going overkill in this instance. The car was limited by the fuel pump which was a hardwire 320LPH AEM pump. Also engine was on stock rods, only upgraded pistons and bearings, so not looking to go any further at this time.

Thanks,
Alex
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #16
rexworx
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103232
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: GTX3576R 05GD, GTX3076R'd FXT
Vehicle:
GTX 3071R'd 11WRX
PPG,4.44,LSD,E85,6spdx3

Default

Does the GXT3071R it currently has have anything more in it? Or is it out of steam?
rexworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:14 PM   #17
gsrcrxsi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236952
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Vehicle:
2010 WRX (SSM)
Stg 2+ 310/370, 6sp R180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion Lab Tuning View Post
Sorry, to clarify this is a Gen 1 GTX3071R turbocharger with the TiAL .82A/R v-band turbine housing. It would be even better with the Gen II as the flow would be increased another 20% over the Gen I stuff, effectively making it put out the same power as the Gen I GTX3076R.



The ID 2200cc injectors run so amazing at low pulse width it wasn't much of a concern going overkill in this instance. The car was limited by the fuel pump which was a hardwire 320LPH AEM pump. Also engine was on stock rods, only upgraded pistons and bearings, so not looking to go any further at this time.



Thanks,

Alex


Thanks for the reply! It was very helpful.
gsrcrxsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:41 AM   #18
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexworx View Post
Does the GXT3071R it currently has have anything more in it? Or is it out of steam?
Turbo had more in it, not a whole lot more but im sure we could have gotten up to 30PSI and seen some gains. It is a 60LB/Min compressor if I remember correctly. Cams and rods would be a big benefit to push further to increase safety and efficiency over current engine.

Thanks,
Alex
[email protected]
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:42 AM   #19
Motion Lab Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 228856
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: AEM Infinity Trained
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcrxsi View Post
Thanks for the reply! It was very helpful.
Sure thing, never a problem to help with a few questions!

Thanks,
Alex
[email protected]
Motion Lab Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:23 PM   #20
Harey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 270569
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
'15 Foz XT & GT86

Default

I like this setup, great response and mid range! Well done
Harey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:14 AM   #21
Scuby04STi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 328635
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland*
Vehicle:
2004 STi GTX3076R
Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion Lab Tuning View Post
Better spool and still make the target power. Honestly with the new Gen II compressors as well I feel the sweet spot is either the 3071R or 3576R for a good responsive street turbo on the 2.5L AVCS motor.

Thanks,
Alex
[email protected]
So how late are your 3076 builds making boost?
Scuby04STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:58 AM   #22
rexworx
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103232
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: GTX3576R 05GD, GTX3076R'd FXT
Vehicle:
GTX 3071R'd 11WRX
PPG,4.44,LSD,E85,6spdx3

Default

Sounds like 300-400 rpm better spool. Better response, more trq. It sounds like the 30r turbine wheel, of the gtx3076r just cant flow enough for the 76mm compressor. The gtx3076r seems to only make about 50whp more tapped out. Going to the 35r turbine really lets the gtx76mm compressor flow to its potential.
rexworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:47 PM   #23
Karlot
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339923
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX STi
grey

Default

i understand i'm bumping an old thread


this has to be one of the best looking graphs ive ever seen.

motion lab, if youre still on here....do you have experience with the new g series as compared to this? ive been bouncing between the 3071 and the 3576 constantly and just cant decide what exactly i want lol
Karlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #24
K3rm1tth3fr0g
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 508105
Join Date: Nov 2019
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Vehicle:
Link tuned 02 WRX
EJ205 20G-XTR JDM 6MT E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlot View Post
i understand i'm bumping an old thread

this has to be one of the best looking graphs ive ever seen.

motion lab, if youre still on here....do you have experience with the new g series as compared to this? ive been bouncing between the 3071 and the 3576 constantly and just cant decide what exactly i want lol
Last time they were active was Jan 2018 :/

But this seems like a fairly standard 3071 dyno chart unless I'm missing something. I saw an EJ207 that spooled a 20G by 3K and made ~400WHP, now that was an insane graph.

I have a GTX3576 Gen 2 spoolinator kit set aside for my built motor, and every dyno sheet I looked at before choosing, along with every conversation I had with my tuner really pointed me to the conclusion of the 3576 being one of, if not the overall best turbo for the 2.5L engines.

If you go in the Killer B Spoolinator thread, the dyno sheet they have there shows nearly stock spool on a 3576 (note that it was a Gen 1 so your results will be better) and it made 450 WHP on a low reading dyno on an otherwise mostly stock STI.

The 3071 will of course spool a bit faster and drop off a bit sooner in the higher RPM but it also really depends what you're after.

I vote 3576 if you are running a 2.5L. The spool difference between the 3071 and 3576 isn't as big as you'd think and is more than made up for by the power you get up top.

Last edited by K3rm1tth3fr0g; 05-11-2021 at 11:18 PM.
K3rm1tth3fr0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #25
Karlot
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339923
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX STi
grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3rm1tth3fr0g View Post
Last time they were active was Jan 2018 :/

But this seems like a fairly standard 3071 dyno chart unless I'm missing something. I saw an EJ207 that spooled a 20G by 3K and made ~400WHP, now that was an insane graph.

I have a GTX3576 Gen 2 spoolinator kit set aside for my built motor, and every dyno sheet I looked at before choosing, along with every conversation I had with my tuner really pointed me to the conclusion of the 3576 being one of if not the overall best turbo for the 2.5L engines.

If you go in the Killer B Spoolinator thread, the dyno sheet they have there shows nearly stock spool on a 3576 (note that it was a Gen 1 so your results will be better) and it made 450 WHP on a low reading dyno on an otherwise mostly stock STI.

The 3071 will of course spool a bit faster and drop off a bit sooner in the higher RPM but it also really depends what you're after.

I vote 3576 if you are running a 2.5L. The spool difference between the 3071 and 3576 isn't as big as you'd think and is more than made up for by the power you get up top.

dang i didnt look at when they were active lol. i just came across this and hoped. and yeah i do have a 2.5, the car is an 06 sti. i'm currently on a 20g, I would like to retain some spool characteristics but be able to make in the low to mid 500s. which i get either turbo could do. i'm also looking for real world info on the g30-770. it seems to be something that could do really well with the 2.5. i guess time will tell. mind if i pm you about y our setup
Karlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2022 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.