Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 15, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-21-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
zrrocks
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 466395
Default Invidia Catless Downpipe for 2002 WRX Questions

I'm planning on going stage 2 in the near future with my 2002 wrx. I have pretty much decided on the invidia catless downpipe. However, I do have some questions about the fitment. I currently have the invidia N1 street catback on the car. I was wondering if the catless invidia downpipe would bolt up to the aftermarket midpipe and delete that cat that is in between the invidia midpipe and the stock catback, or if the new downpipe would just bolt back up to that cat. Also, I know that I need to get new gaskets, so I know I need the normal flat one for the bellmouth to the turbo, but I was wondering if I need a normal flat gasket or a donut gasket for the other side of the downpipe, I'm assuming the depends on whether it bolts up to the midpipe or the stock cat in between the downpipe and midpipe, which is why I asked the previous catback. Thanks for the help.
zrrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
Samurai Jack
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21145
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Enemy of Aku

First question:
- Where do you live? A catless DP may not allow you to pass your state's emission regulations.
- Please fill in your profile

Second:
- Why a catless DP? You'll have more noise & stink in and out of the car and annoy everyone behind you

Third:
- What DP do you have now? OEM or aftermarket? Which aftermarket?

The Invidia DP should bolt directly to the Invidia N1.
Samurai Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
zrrocks
Scooby Newbie

I live in Washington State. I'm pretty sure it is against emissions, but I was planning on putting the OEM DP (the one on the car currently) back on for emissions testing. I would like the catless surely because I love the sound they make, it's much more raw than a catted DP to me personally. I have the street invidia N1 catback exhaust on the car right now. So the catless invidia DP will match right up to that?
Old 04-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #4
Samurai Jack
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21145
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Enemy of Aku

They should. Typically, a STD aftermarket DP is a direct replacement for an OEM DP, unless otherwise specifically stated.

Sounds like you haven't purchased it yet. Buying new?
Ask the Vendor you are purchasing from if it I direct OEM replacement or not. Good Vendors will give you a straight answer because they want your business.
Samurai Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #5
zrrocks
Scooby Newbie

Yeah I'm buying new. I found the invidia downpipe on Amazon for $275. The part number matches and it's got good reviews.