Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday December 12, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Bay Area Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-27-2017, 12:54 AM   #1
Tu Mama
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 420383
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2016 STI Limited
ISM

Default Premier Subaru of Fremont

I just completed a survey I received from a visit I had a couple of weeks ago. This post is to serve as warning to those of you considering to get service work done at this dealership.

Im not telling/requesting you not to patronize this business, just merely informing you of my experience with hopes that you pay extra attention if you decide to get service work done at this facility.

I recently had a out of state trip planned and wanted to get a oil change beforehand. The dealership I regularly go to for my service work was booked and therefor I thought Id give Premier a try. They were new, Ive had bad luck with Subaru service , yadda yadda yadda.

From the beginning the visit was a disaster. Appointment was for 7:30 but the advisors don't start showing up till 7:45. Techs don't start till 8. There were 3 of us (lined up in front of the service departments office) who had appointments for 7:30.

Whatever

Talking to the advisor while she was inputting my info into the system didn't go very well. She asked me about my experience with Subaru thus far ( being on my 2nd Subaru) and I told her. I loved Subaru sales but Subaru service sucked. I made it clear to her that it wasn't personal. That I thought it wasn't a people problem per sey, but a Subaru issue. I had been to 5 different dealers. Only 1 of them I still go to ( I didn't go into detail why).

We had a bit of disagreement on the amount of oil the car took. This was where I should have cancelled and walked away. She clearly didn't know but I had hoped it was just her mistake and the tech knew wtf he/she was doing.

After paying the bill, Im walking to my car, Im looking at the work order and I notice they charged me for 6 quarts. I checked my oil, it was overfilled. I took the o-ring off the dipstick, unscrewed the cap and checked it again. It was overfilled for sure.

I walked back to the service department, waited for the advisor to finish with her current customer and then spoke to her about my issue. She picked up the phone and called parts. Parts told her it took 5.7 quarts. I knew this was incorrect so I went to my car and got the manual.

When I got back to her office, she told me that I was right, she checked and it was only supposed to get 4.7 quarts. That she will have someone come grab the car to correct it and that she'd refund the difference.

Im standing at my car, waiting for the tech to show up and a guy walks up, asks me if I had any issues. I told him and he identified himself as the service manager. Proceeded to tell me that dipstick readings can sometimes give false readings due to oil temp and level of surface the car is parked on. I removed the o-ring and fill cap again and showed him.

He kept trying to bs me so I got upset, put everything back, and drove off. I stopped int he middle of the road just in front of the dealership driveway. I was worried I might **** something up. Called my normal dealer, waited 30 mins to talk to my service advisor because answering phones is a tough job, told him what was going on.

I drove back to the dealership. My goal was to talk to the tech to find out how much oil he put in so I could either drive across the street and have Porsche fix it or just go home. I asked to speak with the tech, she said no problem and went to get him.

Service manager walks up to me, shakes my hand, starts to talk and I tell him I dont want to speak with him. I tell him that Im trying to be cool, to just stay away from me.

The tech walks out, I told him to follow me to the car that I had a question. He tells me he isn't the tech who performed the work. I stopped, said I asked to speak with the tech who worked on the car, he says the tech who performed the work doesn't speak english well, I said go grab him and you can translate.

By this point I'm fing fuming.

This kid comes out, I shake his hand. He states he speaks english and proceeds to tell me he only put in 5 quarts. I asked him if he was sure, he said yes.

Every single person at the dealership is staring at us. I mean everyone. I was so upset, so embarrassed. Getting back into my car the service manager is still trying to talk. I pointed out to him that I had already told him to leave me alone, all I wanted was an oil change. I said everyone is staring at me because you wont shut up.

It was one of those moments when you realize you're about to go to jail. I kept my cool and drove away a free man.

Driving away Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies seemed appropriate.

All I wanted was a Pepsi

So aside from my bad grammar, sentence structure, and my overall inability to tell a story correctly, I hope that you take my experience into consideration. Please be smarter than me. I should have walked away at the first sign of an issue. I did not. Maybe it was because I needed to get an oil change and wanted it done at a dealer and had no other options. Maybe it was because I was trying not to overact and allow these people to do their job. Im not sure, I cant call it but I do accept responsibility for this and know I will never go to this dealer ever again.
Tu Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links