Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday April 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-23-2003, 02:58 AM   #1
Westy_dude
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 42611
Default 1984 didge (MITT) twin stick turbo colt

Hi I hope its cool to do this on this site but im big into turbo cars, mainly grand national but I just got a 1984 twin stick turbo colt, so yes in alot of ways its a 8 speed trans....I have all paperwork since new....its had mob 1 since the first break in oil now 115 k....its got a vintage boost guage no rust, still am fm pushbutton rad, g32b factory 12 valve 1.6. turbo

The car sat for 6 years in a barn, I drained the tank, replaced the tank filter, filter up front, fuel pump, changed oil, rapid fire plugs...and timing belt just to be safe....it has two small dents in the front fenders I have 2 brand new in the box I just got yeaterday. NO RUST< you wont find even a bit of seam rust or surface rust...

Heres the crazy part, I have all the paper work from the warrenty trans, clutches ect and all, thier is no rust anywhere....underneath it looks five yrs old.....silver faded paint, red int is great seat...alll turbo logos on all seats.

In addition I put new toyo tires, gutted the cat off the turbo removed the mid cat and ran the 2.5 pipe all the way back to a six inch glass pack with a nice 4 inch dia tip...it sounds mello
w and great...not the load trumpet noise the cops get you for.....

Now why does it run so strong? The books say 16.1 my gn runs 13.1 and Im only 3 car lenghts ahead every run so this thing I figure is running about 13.5 13.6 its showing 11 pounds of boost.....ive the fish valve deal but not sure the safe limit. so im not installing it...at 45 mph it will spin the tires

I cannot by looking find any mods as why it runs so strong, yes I know cars, ive a intercooled gn and a zr1 vette, the maintaince records are outstanding, mob 1 every time by the dealer....

Yes I have run it hard to see if its worth to keep or sell, In the past three days Ive smoked my friends stock intercooled gn, a 8? 350 iroc and also a 5 speed 85 vette...go figure I have no clue as to why.....its got the org struts and shocks but I ran it past 120 today at 6800 rpm and it was smooth as can be

I have noticed its either a bit slower 0 to 60 or the free exhaust just really lets it flow at 60 plus.

The car is stock and has every org peice it cam with, org speakers, am/fm pushbutton radio, I have the window sticker it says 30 mpg im geting 33 running hard....

The car is turn key, to look under the hood is like looking at a old startrack movie as it not throttle body but it has two large injectors in what they call the fuel mixer.......the 12 valve I refer too is a small intake which lets air in prior to the standard fuel air mix it says for the swirl deal in the chamber...the dude worked for dodge I have a 1984 factory chrysler dealer manual which shows all.

This car is a total sleeper other than the turbo decals on the doors.......ive dogged so many punk kids as of late with thier cold air intakes, chips, exhausts yada yada yada.....no its not a rocket but its a crazy little org turbo import for dodge.......

I have 4k in the whole deal and need to turn it as I need a shortblock for my zr1 so I would go less, so if anyone is looking for a org turbo car from hell that can still be worked on by a normal type.....has knock box and boost box but has a dist...

The fenders are a snap to install, clean the int, shocks , struts paint and you have a fast car that others have 4 or 5 times as much cash in and thier still slow...

Torque steer was a issue with these and its a wild beast the first time in it but one drive and youd be convinced....oh the brakes are new and great.......so any good offer and its gone and Ive lots of pics...all spoilers, factory driving lights roof spoiler are all thier.....im in north idaho and my email is [email protected]
Westy_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links