|10-01-2003, 06:42 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2002
2002 WRX Sedan
melted brake light
I have done some searches... but found nothing specific to....
a melted rear center brake light pod. The lamp has not blown, and it still works... it has just melted the housing it sits in and fallen out. No CEL's, no blown fuses.... just one dangling lamp with melted plastic all over it.
some other info that may or may not have to do with the problem...
1. Non Hid morettes with Philips Vision Plus Bulbs (no problem so far with them or anything else electrical)
2. It's been hot as crap during the summer... and the car has been really really hot inside some days... + 100deg minimum
3. dog rides in back seat.. and I have had a really thick wool blanket over the rear seat, and tucked into the top back of the seat. (I know... this is a stretch... but the blanket could have covered the entire brake light pod for some period of time.... built up heat???)
4. I have had really bad headaches lately... maybe I Scannered the brake light pod?
any help would be appreciated!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|10-02-2003, 03:26 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2000
this happened to me awhile ago. I dont really know the cause. but the dealer replaced it for free.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WTB: 3rd brake light for coupe wing(GC) or coupe wing with 3rd brake light||ghostmike||Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC||1||11-30-2005 12:06 PM|
|Want to trade 05 Sti Brake lights for 06 WRX or STI Brake Lights||Sti"izzle"||Private 'Wanted' Classifieds||1||11-27-2005 12:12 AM|
|FT: 3rd brake light cover for your 3rd brake LIGHT!||jimtweet||Tri-State Area Forum||13||07-14-2005 05:15 PM|
|FT: 3rd brake light cover for your 3rd brake light||jimtweet||Private 'For Sale' Classifieds||1||06-06-2005 09:10 AM|
|Will 110W bulb melt the light housing?||IMPBOY||Technical Forum Archive||24||07-17-2000 02:12 PM|