Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 21, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2000, 06:17 AM   #1
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 1638
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
03 WRX Wagon

Question What are those plastic pieces on the...

passenger and driver side windows/doors. They are small, rectangular, and stick out about 1/2-way up the windshield.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RoscoePColetrain is offline  
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-19-2000, 07:17 AM   #2
NASIOC Supporter
Member#: 191
Join Date: Aug 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Brooklyn
2012 J train


EDIt (i'm stupid wrong post)

Those are guider pads for the window. I just keeps the window in place, somthing that ll framless windows have.

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited June 19, 2000).]
Keith is offline  
Old 06-19-2000, 07:26 AM   #3
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 407
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Verona, NJ
1999 Outback Sport


I have no idea what they are for. My sister just bought a new Honda Civic which has a frame around the glass and they have that piece to. Mabe it has something to do with the assembly line?
prezios is offline  
Old 06-19-2000, 07:28 AM   #4
Scooby Specialist
Member#: 1339
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: St. Louis, MO, USA

uhh, I don't see 'em on my car. MY00 Sedan
wolve80 is offline  
Old 06-19-2000, 07:29 AM   #5
Scooby Guru
Member#: 114
Join Date: Jul 1999
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS and Whoring, OT
'03 Evo, Rice White
'01 Erion CBR 929


Halfway up the window pillar, not windshield. It is a guide to ensure the window doesn't get out of track.
ColinL is offline  
Old 06-19-2000, 09:13 AM   #6
M a t t

keith, doors that have frames have those things too. but, are attached to frame instead of car pillar thingy.

-M a t t
Old 06-19-2000, 10:56 AM   #7
Scooby Specialist
Member#: 1339
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: St. Louis, MO, USA

inside or outside? Outside I don't see 'em, I'll look inside on lunch break, which is, ohh right about now.
wolve80 is offline  
Old 06-19-2000, 11:04 AM   #8
Scooby Specialist
Member#: 265
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Kirkland, WA
1998 22B Blue
1986 Ford RS200 White


I think that this should be in the proposed FAQ

rsquire is offline  
Old 06-19-2000, 11:16 AM   #9
Scooby Specialist
Member#: 1342
Join Date: Apr 2000
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
May your line be smooth


If they are a guide for the window, and they are attached to the pillar, why doesn't the window hit it when you open the door? Hmmm...

Honestly, I am clueless.
BugBomb is offline  
Old 06-19-2000, 02:31 PM   #10
HRE | giulio
Former Vendor
Member#: 481
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: NY USA

as soon as you open the door, the door sags just a tad- lets the window clear that guide. check it out, really! when you slam the door, the seal pushes the window out a bit. and since it's on an angle, also pushes the window UP, under that guide.
HRE | giulio is offline  
Old 06-19-2000, 02:58 PM   #11
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 857
Join Date: Feb 2000

I have those tabs on my Ford Escort. I don't think they are guides for the window because the glass doesn't come close to touching the tabs.

The only purpose for the tabs that I can think of is to fling rain water off the car when you drive.
Silver2000RS is offline  

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are those "police stickers" on car windows? 3ztt Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 42 08-14-2008 12:39 PM
What to use to cut the plastic piece on the bumper? g0tb00st Interior & Exterior Modification 10 02-05-2005 01:26 AM
what is this plastic piece under the hood called? M3toWRXin3seconds Newbies & FAQs 4 05-12-2003 08:45 AM
What is the black plastic piece on the HKS SSQ? dman918 Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 1 05-11-2003 03:42 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.