Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 18, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
View Poll Results: How many Baja's in Baja? Has any been down there yet? (regular folks or racer)
never heard of such an outlandish thang 0 0%
hmmmmm, I doubt it 0 0%
sure! a few, including me 1 50.00%
yeah! every single month 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2004, 01:54 AM   #1
danamite
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 52266
Vehicle:
1993 Isuzu Amigo
Lime

Thumbs up A Baja in Baja for New Yrs Fun

Hey yall Subaru's, an Isuzu freak here....What a cool little rig!!! We just spent 3 nights at Mike's Sky Ranch in rural areas of Baja Norte. We had a few SUVs in our caravan -- plus a brand new Subaru Baja with us. Needless to say I was quite impressed. The clearance was an issue a few times, but other than that it was handled beautifully. Kate & Grant traded in their BM-er & finally bought a capable vehicle that could handle their lifestyle. We hit up the coast, drove much of the 1000 race course, bon fires every night & did a fair amount of off-roading, even in the rain. Made it to 8000' mountains & visited the only real Observatory in Baja.

Pix can be found here -
http://www.alythea.com/baja04/ja05_042.jpg
Total Escape Adventures Tours - http://totalescape.com/trips

THis Isn't e first time weve had a Subaru out with us wheelin. Back in 2000 we took Jan's forester way the hell all over Moab UT, 4000+ miles gathered on that fine week long trip. Funstuff!

The trip would have not been possible without the handy maps & trip guides.
Hey if your on the west coast, I hope to see some of you out on the back roads soon. Look for the lime green Amiga.

http://totalescape.com/maps/

DanaMite
Los Padres National Forest
[email protected]
Total Escape - http://totalescape.com
California - Off the Beaten Path
danamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2004, 03:52 AM   #2
akm3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 9596
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2007 Toyota
Prius

Nice pics!

A lot of people rag on the Baja and admittedly it is a bit 'weird', but for what it is, and for certain folks with specific requirements, I think it's a great car

The Turbo Baja of course makes it cool because all turbo Subarus are cool!

They look AWESOME in WRB.

-Allen
akm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 07:28 AM   #3
hatake
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34811
Vehicle:
04 Baja T
Black

Can't make it out if it's a turbo or not. Yep, Baja is weird, but you won't see them on the road easily. My personal observation is that above 8000 ft (like going anywhere in Colorado), non-turbo can't breath. As turbo creates its own climates inside the little turbine, turbo is the way to go in higher altitude. You think OB is gutless - imagine driving with 3 extra full size dudes all the time! I would not have bought Baja if it weren't for a turbo.
hatake is offline   Reply With Quote