Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-20-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
hernan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 51477
Default Temperature Problem

I have an intermitent temp fault for 2 month.
The temp needle goes up and the fans does not start.
Some days, everything seems fine, needle to 1/2 scale then fans on, others the fans does not start even with the needle going up to 3/4 of the scale.

I couldn't show my mec the fault. Murphys law, when I go to the shop everything works fine.

It seem to be an electrical problem. Contacts. Faulty ECU. How knows...

Yesterday I left the car to be checked, one more time, at the shop. Today they told me that after checking all connection and ECU, with the car at idle, the temp gauge needle goes up to 3/4 and then the fans start. They check the motor temp with the service computer and their "laser" temp gauge and the temp was completely normal (89C) even with the gauge reading 3/4.

The temp gauge works at its normal range, a bit below 1/2 at normal driving or with the A/C on (a bit lower).

Could be the gauge temp sensor? the gauge itself? Very strange.
This is turn me crazy.
Please help!
hernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links