|12-25-2004, 05:58 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2004
MY86 BMW E30 325
SCIC/NWIC tranplant (-_-)
2005 OEM foglight bulb information
i just finished replacing my H3 foglight bulbs on my wrx. the procedure to replace them is pretty straight forward but i encountered some difficulty.
1. the two rivet clips holding the splash guards (on either side) were very difficult to remove for the first time. removing the center-piece of the rivet would always take up the base too. you have to pull out the rivet ~0.5cm to remove the whole clip. (i used a flat-head, 4 clips total for both sides)
2. the passenger side foglight bulb is difficult to access if you still have the oem airbox/snorkel installed. i removed the stock bulb pretty easily...it's getting the new bulb installed, that is a challenge because of the room limitation...small mirror and good lighting helped.
1. you need H3 bulbs with a male quick-disconnect end (the flat square one)...i bought some with a pin terminals and had to re-crimp.
2. the stock bulbs are 55w german-made osram units
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|FS : 2005 OEM STi struts w/ springs & 2006 OEM STi struts w/ springs||Chris G.||MAIC Private Classifieds||13||06-24-2010 03:38 PM|
|02/03 Oem Foglights Yellow rockblocker & bulb||the real suby dude||Exterior/Styling||16||02-15-2009 07:32 PM|
|FS: 2004-2005 OEM Foglight Covers (Aspen White)||WRXwagon04||SCIC Private Classifieds||5||01-16-2007 12:52 PM|
|2005 wrx wagon headlight and foglight bulb sizes.||tacomaprime||Electrical & Lighting||3||12-05-2005 06:53 PM|
|2004-2005 WRX Headlight and Foglight Bulbs||Killian Maynard||Electrical & Lighting||1||12-24-2004 08:32 AM|