Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 25, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-25-2001, 03:44 PM   #1
ShagnRS
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 373
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 Abarth 500
White

Talking Virginia State Championship Results (Autox)

Scooby Stompage is a good thing I always say:

Virginia State Championship Results

George Perinis and I took the Rex down for a weekend of flogging and to teach ourselves what to expect from the Hoosier autocross tires. They were outstanding as long as we kept cooling them down with water.

This was a two day event with the first day being a Pro-Solo course that was used for the SCCA Pro event in June. Second day was a nice long SoloII course that really had you screaming "Banzai!" as we approached the rev limiter in second through the sweeper.

Day1 was pretty much all George running in first for GS by 7 tenths with me running in third place about 3 tenths behind a Celica GTS driven by Aaron Buckley. Richard West was blazing away in STS just ever so slightly behind George on pax in his modded 99 RS.

Day2 was quite warm wich forced us to begin dousing the tires and intercooler with gallons upon gallons of water. It seem to have worked because we never overheated the tires with the two driver Rex. George came slamming out of the gates and so began the suby onslaught. Richard was even more aggressive and took his STS impreza ahead of George to take the overall pax win with Perinis a tight 2nd overall. Me? I blew it on the second day and I end up 9th overall on pax.

Needless to say, we are quite pleased with the car and the Hoosier autocross compound tires. Probably the best balance we've seen. The only thing we could really think to improve is the amount of body roll which slowed our transition time through offset type corners. We'll see what pops up in the future...that will keep us in GS.

Our next event is the ProSolo at Peru, Indiana. Hope to see some of y'all there! ....or even "All y'all's" (Plural of Y'all).

Scott

Last edited by ShagnRS; 07-25-2001 at 03:51 PM.
ShagnRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links