Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday April 29, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
TravisHolland336
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 419096
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kernersville, NC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
GBP

Default AEM Meth/water injection kit install 2015 WRX

It looks like from the directions the nozzle needs to be installed in the charge pipe 6 to 8 inches from the throttle body. On the 15's the factory TMIC is taking up most of that real estate. Is it ok to install the nozzle in to the end tank on the intercooler.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TravisHolland336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:07 AM   #2
JeffWRX16
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 429261
Join Date: Sep 2015
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
Metallic SIlver

Default

I am no Pro on this. So someone correct me if I am wrong. But I believe it will be okay to install on the end tank. Reason for that is; on Mishimoto's TMIC there is a bung on the end tank that can be used for meth/water injection. That being said, some people say that using your intercooler as a port for injection can lead to pooling. Once again I am no expert on this topic, only sharing what I have read over the forums.
JeffWRX16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:06 AM   #3
regalscenter7
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 430215
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
CWP

Default

ever get this figured out??
regalscenter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:19 AM   #4
WRBWRX15
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 394199
Join Date: Jun 2014
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2015 Wrx
Wrb Self Built And Tuned

Default

You should be fine tapping into the end tank . What size nozzle are you planning on using , im using the largest ~1000cc/min .
WRBWRX15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:01 AM   #5
Zlmoss22
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 447057
Join Date: May 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRBWRX15 View Post
You should be fine tapping into the end tank . What size nozzle are you planning on using , im using the largest ~1000cc/min .
Can you post a picture where you tapped it ?
Zlmoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #6
jblocka
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 414762
Join Date: Feb 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Dover, De
Vehicle:
06 Wrx sti
Blllllack

Default AEM Meth/water injection kit install 2015 WRX

I put mine in between the throttle body and the TMIC using a snow performance "direct injection plate". Quotes because it's not really direct injection.

I have been running this on my 06 sti for almost a year with no issues.

SnowPerformance kit with the vc-50 controller and every fail safe they sell haha.

Tuned for 12psi and full spray at 20psi

EDIT: I would not suggest this if you do not have the fail safe flow cut off solenoid, it will gravity feed
jblocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #7
Moby-Soob88
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 431141
Join Date: Sep 2015
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Stage 2
WR Blue

Default

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm going to be installing the AEM Water/Meth kit in the next few weeks.

Would like some feedback from those running it with the AEM water/meth FAILSAFE gauge. Seen a few threads from a few years back, stating the gauge was usually DOA or had a short life-span. Wondering if this is still the case, before i take the plunge on the gauge (definitely getting the injection kit regardless)
Moby-Soob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #8
Nurp
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 383782
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Vehicle:
2014 WRX STi ST
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby-Soob88 View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm going to be installing the AEM Water/Meth kit in the next few weeks.

Would like some feedback from those running it with the AEM water/meth FAILSAFE gauge. Seen a few threads from a few years back, stating the gauge was usually DOA or had a short life-span. Wondering if this is still the case, before i take the plunge on the gauge (definitely getting the injection kit regardless)
I had to send mine back right after I got it. It wasn't DOA but it was reading 200cc more than the nozzles were rated for. AEM tested it and said they don't know why it's doing that and have no way of fixing it. I've noticed that the gauge works fine in warm conditions but anything below -15 degree Celsius it stops turning on. The rest of the kit is fine but if you haven't already spent the money I would recommend looking at a different kit with better failsafes.
Nurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #9
Moby-Soob88
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 431141
Join Date: Sep 2015
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Stage 2
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurp View Post
I had to send mine back right after I got it. It wasn't DOA but it was reading 200cc more than the nozzles were rated for. AEM tested it and said they don't know why it's doing that and have no way of fixing it. I've noticed that the gauge works fine in warm conditions but anything below -15 degree Celsius it stops turning on. The rest of the kit is fine but if you haven't already spent the money I would recommend looking at a different kit with better failsafes.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've seen that somewhere on the forums regarding the accuracy, however, I wouldn't mind it as long as the precision (repeatability/consistency) is there. I do know Aquamist is considered to be the better brand (and I am considering it), but the AEM sells me with the FailSafe Gauge's functionality and look, and price obviously. Are you still using it?
Moby-Soob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #10
Nurp
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 383782
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Vehicle:
2014 WRX STi ST
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby-Soob88 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've seen that somewhere on the forums regarding the accuracy, however, I wouldn't mind it as long as the precision (repeatability/consistency) is there. I do know Aquamist is considered to be the better brand (and I am considering it), but the AEM sells me with the FailSafe Gauge's functionality and look, and price obviously. Are you still using it?
I am but like i said the gauge doesn't work half the year. Meth still sprays... gauge stays turned off until it's warm enough in the car.
Nurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.