Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-10-2005, 05:27 AM   #1
NothnButTheFacts
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65876
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX Wagon
CGM

Unhappy so many problems

I bought this car used w/ 27,000 miles about two years ago and it has been such a pain... three weeks after i got it found out the tranny was bad, paid 4 g's for a new one from the factory, power steering pump went out, fixed it... THEN i started having these problems with the car bogging under acceleration, the dealership told me it was spark plugs, replaced and worked for a little while then bogging came back, thought a coil might have gone bad, so they swapped coil 1 and 3 but forgot to attach connector to one of them and told me to "go beat on it, and try to get that light {CEL} to come back on..." drove off and immediately hear pop and see black smoke, take it back to dealership and say ***... they tell me that the connector 'broke' and he had to zip tie it back on, so i leave again and eventually they told me it was an injector (***???) and so i paid to replace that, didn't work, and magically the ziptie was no longer there when i got the car back. eventually found out bad valves in cyl 1 and 3... ALL FROM SAME ORIGINAL PROBLEM!!! paid 1200 bucks to have engine torn down and valves replaced... while my car was being worked on at the dealership it sustained heavy hail damage over $4000 worth which they claimed no liability... well the engine ran fine for a month and now i have a CEL again, but no bogging, but sluggish acceleration (safe mode?)-- at autozone they said it was an 02 sensor, i replaced the one that you can see if you look under the car right behind front doors on exhaust... cel is still on... please help me... any input will help

oh and btw... my a/c compressor recently started locking up after trying to recharge, it had stopped blowing cold a couple days earlier. this couldn't be related to motor problems could it? or is it just that i need a new a/c compressor...
NothnButTheFacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2005, 05:31 AM   #2
svek
*** Banned ***

Member#: 82259
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
1999 impreza 2.2L
Brilliant Red <4EAT Club>

you got a lemon.
svek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:39 AM   #3
supermarkus
Scooby Guru

Member#: 6971
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STi
SSM

Actually it sounds kinda like that car may have been in some sort of accident if that many things are wrong with it at once. My old wrx was in a front end collision that busted the timing belt and cam pulleys, killing the valves. After the heads were rebuilt, the car was fine for about 30K miles, then the AC went out from an undiagnosed kink in the hard line from the accident. Knowing what I know about these cars and their owners, I'd NEVER buy a used WRX.
supermarkus is offline   Reply With Quote