Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 17, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-01-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
Built2Drive
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 372601
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
CWP

Default Anyone lift a 17 yet?

Winter is coming and I'm looking into a winter set up for my 17 Sport hatch. My new job will require me to be on time reguarless if weather. I'm thinking of going for a bit more ground clearance.

My thought is a 1" lift and run a 215-55-17 tire which should give me another 1/2", 1.5" more clearance.

I see a few companies including the 17 in their strut spacers but see no cars with them. Just looking to see if anyone has come across anyone doing this to see if there are issues with the new body?
Built2Drive is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
DieselDorf
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 454773
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Pearl White

How much snow do you get a year? My 12' Impreza has snows that are actually smaller than stock so it lowers it slightly. I have never had any issues through 8-12"

I'm betting the 17 has pretty similar ground clearance so a larger tire should be plenty.
DieselDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
Built2Drive
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDorf View Post
How much snow do you get a year? My 12' Impreza has snows that are actually smaller than stock so it lowers it slightly. I have never had any issues through 8-12"

I'm betting the 17 has pretty similar ground clearance so a larger tire should be plenty.
I've used my DSM's for the last 13-14 years. I live in CT and work in NY. With the snow we had last year my DSM in winter mode had some struggles and that would sit higher then my Sport. On our bigger storms we were over 12"

I'm gonna order some spacers, source a tire for mock up and go from there.

Last edited by Built2Drive; 10-01-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:31 AM   #4
DieselDorf
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 454773
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Pearl White

For the few times it doesn't snow more than 12" I would try your best to make it.

I don't think adding a lift for the few times would be worth the cost or time to do the lift. And it will affect mpg.

I would personally take a day off if I was required to be there through a snow storm with that much snow haha
DieselDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #5
Built2Drive
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDorf View Post
For the few times it doesn't snow more than 12" I would try your best to make it.

I don't think adding a lift for the few times would be worth the cost or time to do the lift. And it will affect mpg.

I would personally take a day off if I was required to be there through a snow storm with that much snow haha
Can't take days off that easy at my new job. Plus I put in 16 hour days a couple times a week, don't want to get snowed in there.

Cost is $170, if I don't like them I'll sell. Alignment is free. Just figure I try it. Going to see how the taller tire will look before and after as well. Friend is grabbing a used tire this week just so I can mock it up on stock suspension.

I just didn't know if subaru was using a different strut hat over the earlier years as the lift spacers are '12-17.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:40 PM   #6
ObewanKenobi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 428583
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Venetian Red Pearl

I saw a photo of a lowered Crosstrek on Instagram, the car looked really amazing but I couldn't help wondering what the point was? Why not just buy an Impreza?
ObewanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
milkydaddy3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 460422
Vehicle:
2016 Sport Premium
Crystal Black Silica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObewanKenobi View Post
I saw a photo of a lowered Crosstrek on Instagram, the car looked really amazing but I couldn't help wondering what the point was? Why not just buy an Impreza?
To be different. There are actually quite a handful of people with lowered crosstreks on IG. IMO they look sick, and would love to see more of those.
milkydaddy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #8
Built2Drive
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObewanKenobi View Post
To be honest, I looked into a crosstrek for just winter use. But I don't need a 4th car. Rather the money go to my house/garage projects.